Annual Wellness Visit
What Is The Annual Wellness Visit
The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) is a comprehensive, one-on-one consultation with a Nurse Practitioner to discuss your health and develop a prevention and wellness plan designed to help you and your doctor keep you healthy for as long as possible.
The Annual Wellness Visit is a service that Medicare and some insurance plans cover with no out of pocket expense. Please have your insurance card ready when you speak with an LLCH representative.
The Annual Wellness Visit is different from your annual physical, which can include lab tests and other physical examinations. The AWV is preventive care, which is designed to prevent disease and help you stay active longer.
How It Works
A licensed Nurse Practitioner will meet with you and have a detailed discussion with you, which will include:
- A review of your medical and family history
- Screening for depression or cognitive impairments.
- A review of functional abilities, fall prevention and home safety.
- Measurement of blood pressure and other biometrics deemed appropriate by your medical/family history.
- Personalized advice for health, nutrition and exercise, and/or referrals to health, education or other services as needed.
- A written screening and immunization checklist/schedule for the next 5 to 10 years as appropriate.
You will leave the appointment with a comprehensive prevention and wellness plan for the next 5-10 years, including recommendations for screenings that you should consider based on your health and family medical history. A copy of the plan will be forwarded to your doctor within 7 business days.
Why Life Line Community Healthcare?
Personal Prevention Plan
Barton Oaks Plaza 2, Suite 130
901 South Mopac Expressway
Austin, TX 78746
Call to schedule your Annual Wellness Visit today!